Saturday, June 16, 2007

D-Vile Outreach

Today we went to D-vile, and when we got there we were all put in one of the educational buildings. As soon as we get in there Jason hands me a screwdriver and tells me to pull staples out of the walls. I finally came up with a method to get them out quickly but as we looked closer there where hundreds of staples all over the walls. So there are hundreds of staples, one screwdriver...you do the math. Alex comes over to help me using a plastic fork...and...wait hold on, omg this is probably the stupidest thing ever, but i still have a broken plastic fork i just realized is still in my pocket as im typing this. ok so anyway the forks only worked half the time and the other half they broke. I dont know how many were broken but i was constantly being bombarded by fork parts. So after that we begin panting. It seems i go through seasons in my life God will have me doing one thing for out reaches, like when ever i used to go on out reaches i was some how always working with Cooking for Christ, and now it seems im always painting. We were using white paint so toward the end most of everyone looked like they had leprosy or something, Alex and me especially because we got the bright idea to have a paint fight. Not to long Misty joined in. So i had Alex and Misty trying to get paint on me. Needless to say i lost horribly, my arms and most of my face were covered in grey paint. It wasent a complete loss i managed to get a little paint on Alex and Misty. Misty was able to wash off most of her paint, Alex on the other hand walked out looking like an Indian. It was really fun today, and you know i bet this was what it was like for Jesus and the 12 disciples. Going out doing Gods work and having fellowship with some amazing friends, i believe in between some of the more serious moments they had some laughs together, and trough paint on each other, or mud...or what ever paint was 2000 years ago.

9 comments:

Misty said...

haha-that was fun-but you should go read my blog and find out what emily, tori, and i did to poor poor jordan :)

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

Jake, I had so much fun yesterday. It seemed like when I got home everything got a little harder. Being there with you and a bunch of other crazy people made it easy to loosen up and have fun. I hope when we do outreaches with Equip they are as fun. I will see you on Tuesday.

Jason Guidry said...

Like you told me today: Equip is short for 'Equip'ment. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

-Jason

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

You need to look at my interests on my profile. I think it's pretty funny.lol

Phillip LeBlanc said...

Paint, we had our fun with paint in Peru when we cleaned the children's home.

I like teh blog.

-Phill

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

I get to go to morning prayer tomorrow! I'm so excited but kind of nervous. Is it o.k. for me to hang with y'all(totally Texas) people between prayer and Equip class? I'll see you tomorrow.

Jake said...

Oh wow thats awesome, im so happy that your moms letting you go. of course you can hang out. all it takes is the power of prayer, see you in the morning.

-Jake

Jason Guidry said...

Y'all is not Texan.

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

Whatever Jason!